Election of officers was held at the January 2018 meeting. Not too much changed -- the membership didn't want to mess with success. Three officers decided not to continue in their positions. Wegweiser Editor Michelle Uebrueck is taking a break after about 8 years of bringing us our wonderful newsletter. Many thanks, Michelle, for all the great work you've done over the years. Alex Lamerand felt he could not continue as Fahnenträger because he's unable to attend many of the events that call for his flag carrying services. Thank you, Alex, for the 4 years that you've done the job so well. Our Bar Obmann for the last year was Dennis Hoshield. He and his wife Sue will be moving back to the Petosky area, so Dennis did not run again. Thank you, Dennis, for making sure our events this last year were stocked with refreshments!
Our officers are:
- Vorstand - Erwin Rauschendorfer; 2. Vorstand - Fred Walker; 3. Vorstand - Rick Michels
- Secretary - Rita Dziersk; 2. Secretary - Mike Campbell
- Treasurer - Colleen Michels; 2. Treasurer - Sharon Walker
- Sachenverwalterin - Chrissy Walker
- Ticket Obmann - Sharon Walker
- Kitchen Obmann - Annette Edelhauser
- Bar Obmann - Open
- Trustees -- Alex Lamerand (elected this year); Roger Kraft; Annette Edelhauser
- Appointed: Musikwart - Rick Michels; Wegweiser Editor/Pressewart/Historian - Karin Dean-Kraft; Fahnenträger - Erwin Rauschendorfer & others
Normally we swear in our new officers at the February meeting. But because of the big snow and ice storm that day, we cancelled the meeting. The swearing in took place at our March meeting. You can see in the photo that it was a nice enough day to take the picture out on the patio at the Carpathia Hall.
The dance group also elected its officers in January.
- 1. Vorplattler - Eric Walker; 2. Vorplattler - Alex Lamerand
- 1. Vortänzerin - Chrissy Walker, 2. Vortänzerin - Anni Porter
- Secretary - Janet Seefried
Here's to another good year of Kameradschaft and working together!